Hello Pumpkin Seeds!
Welcome to the Sheffield Market Society Page!!
We aim to promote more environmentally conscious grocery shopping, healthier eating habits as well as the advantages of buying local. We do this by organising regular student markets on campus and by collaborating with other student societies in related events!
Whether you're a foodie, a health nut, an environmental crusader, or an entrepreneurial geek, follow us on Facebook for updates about upcoming events. Or, If you'd like to get some amazing employability skills on your CV then fill out our volunteer form on Facebook and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible!
President: Ying Chian
Secretary: Krizand Vaz
Treasurer: Polly Boon
Inclusions Officer: Leticia Campello
Publicity Officer: Reka Boross
Project Officer: Takahiro Hibino
So you would like to join Market Society as an OFFICIAL MEMBER? Hooray!
Members are are eligible to be elected onto Market Society Committee (Recieves HEAR Recognition), where you may assume either of the following roles:
1. Chair: Responsible for overseeing all activities run by the society, serves as the primary point of contact, organizes and chairs meetings
2. Secretary: Takes meeting minutes, manages logistics and administration (society trainings, society awards, forms etc.)
3. Treasurer: Manage finances (making cash claims, applying for sponsorships)
4. Inclusions and social officer: Organize and manage SOCIALS such as farm visits or market event visits (travel arrangements, participant register), and ensure that these socials are inclusive
5. Project managers x 2: Organize and manage MARKET EVENTS (liaising with external suppliers, arranging for delivery and payment, setting up and cleaning up, managing volunteers, ensuring participant safety, completing risk assessments)
6. Publicity officer: Publicize the society's events through various media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, SU website, posters, lecture shout-outs etc.), respond to queries from students/members of the public
Volunteer with us: https://goo.gl/6iJfaK
If you would just like to sign up as a volunteer, check the "No thank you, I would just like to volunteer!" box.
Regardless of your level of involvement with the society, you may enjoy the following benefits:
Volunteering for 6 hours: FREE fruit/vegetables/cake at the market event you help out at!
Volunteering for 10 hours: FREE fruit/vegetables/cake at the market event you help out at + a certificate of recognition!
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/shefmarketsoc/