Welcome to the Bar Society!
Happy returns to our current members and a big hello to newcomers! The Bar Society look forward to helping you all succeed in your pathways to becoming advocates!
Our society’s aim is to help you become a fully qualified lawyer by, each year, putting on a range of events at developing vital skills applicable to every career, not just in law. We welcome everybody who wants to gain an insight into advocacy.
We offer many great benefits that are exclusively accessed by members of BarSoc. To name a few we have:
1. Workshops and talks given by professionals from the Bar, Judiciary, HCAs and in-house advocates;
2. All competitions run by the Society: internal and external mooting, negotiating, bail application and pleas in mitigation;
3. Unforgettable socials, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic;
4. Career trips to the Pupillage Fairs and the Inns of Court; and
5. Annual trips abroad (2016: Berlin, 2017: Amsterdam, 2019: Budapest)
Join the group on Facebook for regular updates:
You can officially join the society by going to the following web address:
The Bar Society is kindly sponsored by and partnered with...